What are Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM)?
TSCM, also known as electronic bug detection, bug sweeping or surveillance countermeasures, is the method of electronically and physically inspecting offices, buildings, homes, vehicles, telephone systems, network systems and cabling for the existence of eavesdropping devices and to identify weaknesses in security that could potentially be used to install illegal devices.
What is the threat or cost of being complacent in this area?
The old complacent attitudes of “ It won’t happen to us” or “That doesn’t happen over here” is no protection when facing Litigation or Bankruptcy. Neglect often equals negligence and that alone can be so damaging you may never recover.
Electronic bugs, listening devices, hidden cameras, Bluetooth bugs, infra-red beams, burst/packet bugs, spread spectrum and other similar eavesdropping devices are all easily available over the internet to anyone with a credit card. Some facts:
- The threat of Electronic Bugging in Australia is very real! The cost of not acting can cost you financially, close your business, land you in court, or put you in danger!
- “Competitive Intelligence” is sometimes used as a politically correct term for Industrial Espionage. The number of people worldwide advertising this skill in their professional profiles such as LinkedIn, number in the hundreds of thousands. Their skills may range from standard social engineering techniques, to sophisticated covert electronic installations.
- The discovery of hidden recording devices and transmitters has increased dramatically as they have become more readily available and simpler to use. This practice is no longer limited to covert operatives.
- The cost of Cybercrime and Industrial Espionage in Australia alone amounts to over $4.6 Billion a year. Worldwide, this figure jumps to over $445 billion. Keep in mind this is only what gets reported as many companies stay silent for fear of harming their stock value.
- The cost of not implementing a comprehensive security architecture in your environment leaves you vulnerable! Choosing to ignore your concerns or suspicions leaves you open to numerous threats including theft, blackmail, financial losses, and litigation!
What is the Unique NSI Methodology?
What is unique to NSI is that we assess your ENTIRE working environment including the premises, the staff, your practices, your technology, and external threats.
After a full technical threat assessment is completed by the NSI counter intelligence specialist, a bespoke security package is designed for your specific environment and circumstances. We uncover every vulnerability that rogue elements would exploit to steal from or damage you.
Part of this is your TSCM Bug Sweep which comprises of:
1. Physical search for hidden transmitters, microphones, and cameras
2. Radio frequency spectrum analysis
3. Non-Linear Junction Evaluation
4. Thermal Emissions Analysis
5. Telephone and network analysis
6. VoIP system analysis
7. Electronic inspection for covert video setups
8. Carrier current analysis of AC outlets and cabling throughout the premises
9. Another unique attribute we have is the equipment our TSCM Bug Sweep team uses is commissioned by Intelligence agencies, Defence departments and governments worldwide, especially Australia (DFAT, DoD, ASD).
With this equipment, we can detect the presence of active and passive bugging devices, digital burst/packet bugs, hidden camera setups, keystroke logging devices, telephone interception and wiretaps, laser and infrared beams and more. We always keep up with new technologies to ensure you get the best possible service.
Hire established security consultants, Sydney
We can currently scan up to 70 GHz in real time, more than any other portable device or equipment on the market. As a comparison, devices used by other companies in Australia will scan up to 12 GHz, and only some companies will have a 24 GHz capability.
Beware anyone who tells you this is not necessary may be making excuses for not having the clearance, training, or budget necessary to purchase Government Grade Equipment. Worse yet they may be unaware or inexperienced with detecting such sophisticated devices.
If you suspect someone is spying on you at your workplace or premises – call us immediately! However, do it from a safe location, that is, a phone box or mobile phone away from the potential threat. Avoid significant discussions in the surrounding area until we can confirm the room or phone line is safe. Our experienced operatives will arrange a private meeting and determine the best course of action to take to save your intellectual property, financial data, and trade secrets from being stolen.
We are among the premium Australian private intelligence agencies, that has an active role in cases involving counter espionage Sydney, Australia, and worldwide.